CLEVELAND, Ohio — What was the Cleveland Cavaliers’ record when LeBron James and Kevin Love played together — and Kyrie Irving sat?I didn’t know the answer when that question first occurred to me. It’s 25-10. Even more significant, it’s 24-7 in the last two seasons. Irving was out for the first 10 weeks of the 2015-16 season, recovering from a fractured kneecap. The Cavs were 20-7 in those games. Mo Williams filled in at point guard. The record when James sat while Irving and Love played? It’s 3-13. This is not meant to simply trash Irving. He is an incredible scorer. He apparently doesn’t see it this way, but Irving is an incredible player when on the court with James. And Love is very, very good. Lost in all the debate and angst about Irving’s trade request is Love’s value. The 6-foot-10 power forward struggles against Golden State. The quick pace is a challenge for him. Here are Love’s stats for the five-game 2017 NBA Finals: 16 points per game, 11.2 rebounds, .388 from the field, .387 on 3-pointers. So let’s not pretend he was the second coming of Melvin Turpin or Ben Poquette in those games. In the regular season and against Eastern Conference playoff opponents, Love cheap jerseys nba is an All-Star. When Irving is out and he’s the second scoring option after James, Love tends to thrive. The 6-foot-10 Love averaged 19 points and 11.1 rebounds in the regular season. He made the All-Star team. Furthermore, he has shown a willingness to sacrifice and fit in with the Cavs. For all the talk about how Irving can’t fully bloom with the Cavs, he averaged 25 points a game. He led the team in shots. Coach Tyronn Lue labeled Irving “an attack guard” and basically allowed him to shoot anytime from anywhere. Love has had to adapt. He has done just that, to the best of his ability. That’s one reason fans should not despair when Irving is traded … and I expect that to happen. A Cavs team starting with James and Love remains the best in the Eastern Conference. THE JAMES RUMORS When in doubt, blame LeBron James. That seems to be what the Kyrie Irving camp is doing. Before ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith came out with the comments about Irving’s people blaming James for word of his trade request becoming public, I also heard that in NBA circles. A. I don’t think it’s true. B. No matter who leaked it, the fact is Irving and his agent met with Dan Gilbert. They made their trade demand, and gave the Cavs owner a list of four teams as preferred destinations. C. In other words, Irving wants out despite taking three trips to the Finals and leading the team in shots attempted per game. D. I heard James was upset by Irving’s request. I don’t blame him. It seems about 90 percent of the NBA wants to play with James because it’s a ticket the NBA Finals. That 90 percent knows how hard it is to reach the championship round. E. The other 10 percent are members of the Golden State Warriors and a few guys who don’t want the challenge and the pressure that comes with playing with James for an NBA title. F. For more than a week, Irving and his people have had chances to issue statements, denials … something. Instead, there has been nothing other than Irving mocking James in a video featuring the song “Coming Home.” That’s probably part of the strategy to be traded.